Views:1039 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2019-11-20 Origin:Site
Vinyl floors are not only stylish and simple to install, they’re also easy to clean and maintain, giving you an easy life and a healthy and hygienic home.
Remove dust with a broom or vacuum cleaner. This avoids build up of dust or dirt and makes it easier to maintain your floors.
Do a once a week clean with a damp mop, like warm water and a neutral detergent. This helps to remove dirt and keep the floor in top condition. Keep in mind that you don’t need a big amount of water to clean your floor and note that light colours often need more frequent cleaning.
Treat stains immediately, for example, spot cleaning by hand with a nylon pad and neutral detergent. Clean from the outside of the stain towards its centre, then rinse and wipe with fresh water.
- oil, vinegar or lemon stains: remove right away as they may cause discoloration on the surface of your vinyl flooring
- ink, tomato or blood stains can be removed by putting very diluted alcohol directly on the stain for a few minutes without scrubbing, then rinse off with water
- pen and marker stains are easily cleaned by rubbing with a little white spirit on a cloth and rinsing well with water
- rust should be cleaned with an anti-rust sponge and rinsed off with water
- Place protective pads (like felt) under heavy furniture, chair and table legs
- Avoid rubber bottoms on objects resting on your vinyl floor – it may cause staining.
- Use doormats at entrance ways to prevent dirt or dust from being brought inside and make cleaning easier. About 80% of dirt can be stopped there!
- Clean your floors with natural, soft or neutral detergents
- Keep hot items like heaters, ashes or coals at a safe distance/height from your vinyl floor
Acetone or Solvents,
Wax or varnish,