Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-04-07 Origin: Site
Thank you for purchasing PROTEX Glue Down Vinyl flooring, produced with the latest technologies. You can be assured that this product has been manufactured according to all applicable international standards and has been subjected to strict quality control procedures before it reaches you. In the unlikely event that you discover any defects on the flooring panels upon opening the carton, please DO NOT INSTALL THEM. Kindly return them to PROTEX for a replacement or refund. It is very important to note that this warranty will not cover any defective material that has been installed without prior checking.
PROTEX Vinyl flooring products come with a Manufacturing defect warranty, according to the fit for use grading the product is graded for.
Plus, a wear, Fade or Stain warranty*.*Definitions/to be covered:
○ "Wear" – must be through the wear layer to the degree that the printed pattern is affected or altered.
○ "Fade" – must be to the degree that the floor is permanently discoloured.
○ "Stain" –must be from normal household cleaning agents, chemicals or routine care & maintenance, according to the instructions supplied in this document.
Product warranty duration:
0.3mm Wear Layer - Residential only 10 Years, Light commercial 5 Years.
0.5mm Wear Layer - Residential only 15 Years, General Commercial 10 Years.
0.7mm Wear Layer - Residential only 20 Years, General Commercial 15 Years.
Pre-installation subfloor requirements:
1. Site Assessment / Traffic usage: Site application and expected foot traffic = selected floor grade to be used.
2. Let the floor stand at room temperature for 48 hours before installation.
3. Avoid any heat exposure from direct sunlight, fireplaces, underfloor heating etc during the 48-hour acclimatisation period.
4. Substrate must be level, Dry, and concrete must meet the required pull strength, free from foreign matter, and have the correct PH.
5. All Substrate/sub floors for Glue Down vinyl needs to be smooth, free of any undulation or cracks, i.e., the screed must be smooth like a mirror. Any undulation, irregularity will telegraph through to the surface layer and will compromise your installation.
6. The site must be climatically suitable to required living conditions (15 - 30degrees Celsius)
Do not overuse the floor for 48 hours after installation until adhesive has 100% cured.
1. Screeds & Adhesives - It is up to the installer to use the correct screed and adhesive products understanding their suitability and compatibility with the chosen PROTEX type, substrate and environment. Should there be any product and or installation failure on these supporting products, recourse is restricted through the supporting product warranty and the installer.
2. Workmanship - PROTEX does not warrant installers workmanship. Workmanship errors should be addressed to the contractor who installed the floor. PROTEX products should be professionally installed by contractors or installers who have demonstrated expertise in installing this format of flooring.
The flooring Contractor or installer must inspect the product(s) before installation for any visual manufacturing, colour or dimension defects.We accept no responsibility where a product with visible defects has been installed. Once the product is installed this confirms acceptance of the product and will void the manufacturer's warranty.
Under no circumstances will this warranty cover damages caused by and/or in the following situations:
○ Accidents, abuse or misuse of the floor: e.g. surface damage caused by dropping/dragging sharp or heavy objects.
○ Exposure to extreme temperatures e.g. incorrect underfloor heating setting/operation, No protection from direct sunlight in excess of 50°C.
○ No under heaters are acceptable for use under the flooring panels. Please refer to your installer for detailed operational/usage specifications.
○ Installation of product with visible manufacturing defects.
○ The floor was not installed according to the manufacturer’s recommended instructions.
○ The floor was not maintained or used properly according to the recommended usage or maintenance procedures e.g. floor cleaning with abrasive pads, industrial solvents etc.
○ Flooring is installed on top of a wet/moist sub-floor outside the allowable specification (3% dry reading on Prontimeter moisture meter). Sub-Floor level variation, roughness, holes, grouting lines etc.
○ Fading caused by direct ultraviolet radiation from direct sunlight exposure.
○ Office chairs must be fitted with soft wheeled castors or if nylon castors are being used, use protective mats/felt pads underneath the chair.
○ Flooring panels used in places where the traffic exceeds the utility class that is recommended.
○ Surface defects that can only be seen from an angle source of light.
○ Flooring panels damaged during renovation work by others.
GLUE DOWN VINYL CLAIM PROCEDURE
In order to provide any remedies for a defective product, you agree to Cooperate in providing information as required by us regarding the product, including detailing how the product is defective and any other information as we reasonably may require. An alleged defect must be reported to us and a claim form from PROTEX must be completed. Within 180 (one hundred and eighty) days from the date of sale of the product, our cooperative dealers should immediately report to PROTEX when they find that the product is defective. After PROTEX investigates and certifies it as a defective product, the client can take one of the following remedial measures, According to your choice:
The provisions of the term shall have no application after the expiry of the above mentioned 180 (one hundred and eighty) day period. Our warranty commitments as defined in this warranty instruction shall be the sole conditions applicable to a defective product. Please note that in all cases of claims for defective products only the quantity of the product found to be defective shall be the subject of the appropriate warranty action.
The above remedies are not applicable if the product has been abused, misused, neglected, handled or installed inadequately or improperly or has been modified in any way, or is in normal "wear and tear".
PLEASE NOTE: THAT IF THE PRODUCT HAS BEEN INSTALLED AND A DEFECT IS COMPLAINED OF SUBSEQUENTLY, WE WILL ALWAYS CARRY OUT THE IN SITU INSPECTION REFERRED TO ABOVE AND SHOULD WE, IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, FIND THE INSTALLATION TO HAVE BEEN IMPROPERLY CARRIED OUT, REGARDLESS OF ANY OTHER CIRCUMSTANCES, THIS WARRANTY WILL BE NUL AND VOID. IN THIS REGARD, WE CANNOT UNDERSCORE ENOUGH THE IMPORTANCE OF CORRECT INSTALLATION BY APPROPRIATELY QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS. IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS AS TO CORRECT INSTALLATION, YOU ARE URGED TO CONTACT YOUR AUTHORISED DISTRIBUTOR OR US, PRIOR TO INSTALLING THE PRODUCT.
If a claim is accepted but a remedy is not available, we will, at our sole discretion, either recall the product or provide a replacement product of the same or similar quantity, quality, design or color, whenever practicable. The product warranty does not cover any labor costs or accessories associated with replacing damaged material covered by the warranty. Consequential damages and any other costs are not covered by the warranty.
NOTE:The services provided as part of this warranty do not extend the original warranty period.