Views:125 Author:Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-06-13 Origin:Site
Installing new flooring is a costly work, so get it right the first time around would be better.
* Actually the separate underlayment is not necessory for waterproof flooring.
Most of today’s luxury vinyl tiles are fully waterproof, which means you won’t have to put a separate underlay.
If you do lay a separate underlay, they are in general thinner than what you would install with laminate or carpet.
* Why we need LVT underlayment?
1. Noise reduction. Vinyl flooring cause more noise to vibrate through a room. An additional LVT underlayment can have a beneficial effect.
2. Comfort underfoot. It’ll feel softer when your kids are on the ground, learning to crawl, or playing with their toys. It will also be more forgiving if your elderly parent takes a fall.
3. Provide protection against moisture. Most have an integrated damp-proof membrane and can help to reduce the risk of moisture accumulating beneath the tiles.